Domestic & International Arbitration in Canada
The 7th Annual Symposium on International and Domestic Arbitration and Award Dinner is an event for both members and non-members of the CIArb.
This year’s Symposium will feature two panels comprising prominent representatives of the legal, arbitral, judicial and academic sectors, addressing the question: “Judicial Treatment of Arbitral Proceedings: Deference or Defiance?”
This year’s panelists include:
- The Honourable Todd L. Archibald, FCIArb – Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Toronto
- J. Brian Casey, FCIArb – Bay Street Chambers, Toronto
- Prof. Anthony Daimsis – University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- Chloe Snider – Dentons LLP, Toronto
- Thomas D. Halket, FCIArb – Halket Weitz LLP, New York
- Dr. Crina Baltag, MCIArb – Senior Lecturer, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Craig R. Chiasson – Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Vancouver
- The Honourable Thomas Cromwell, C.C. – Senior Counsel, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP; Arbitrator, Arbitration Place, Ottawa
- Amb. (r.) David Huebner, C.Arb – JAMS, Los Angeles, USA
Following the Symposium, we will honour the 2019 recipient of the CIArb Canadian Branch Award for Distinguished Service in Arbitration in Canada.
We will then hear from our dinner speaker, The Rt. Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., C.C., CStJ, FCIArb, former Chief Justice of Canada and Patron of CIArb Canada.
For more detailed information regarding this event, including registration, please click the Program Details link located on this page.
Thu, Sep 19, 2019 - Thu, Sep 19, 2019