This Symposium will explore global trends including historical, current and emerging approaches to dispute resolution. Presenters include leading practitioners in construction practice, construction law and dispute resolution. These thought leaders will engage in knowledge share, including practices and emerging trends in the field of construction law and dispute resolution.
The Chair for the Symposium will be Duncan W. Glaholt, the session chairs will be Marcia J. Oliver and Sandra Astolfo. The moderated panels will be chaired by Geza R. Banfai and Glenn W. Ackerley. The chairs and moderators will be joined by other eminent leaders in construction disputes as this Symposium follows the hugely successful 2019 Construction Adjudication Symposium, also held in Toronto.
This event is brought to you jointly by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Both the CIArb and RICS are renowned for the training, development and continuing professional development of professionals that have experience in construction disputes.
The Symposium has an equally impressive list of presenters, including:
- Glenn W. Ackerley, Partner, WeirFoulds LLP
- Matt J. Ainley, Chair, General Contractors Alliance of Canada (GCAC)
- Jason Annibale, Partner, McMillan LLP
- Sandra Astolfo, Partner, WeirFoulds LLP
- Geza R. Banfai, Partner, McMillan LLP
- Duncan W. Glaholt, Partner, Glaholt LLP
- Karen B. Groulx, Partner, Dentons
- Julie G. Hopkins, Counsel, Borden Ladner Gervais
- Professor Doug Jones, Arbitrator & International Judge of the Singapore Commercial Court
- Harvey Kirsh, Kirsh Construction ADR
- Howard Krupat, Partner, DLA Piper (Canada LLP)
- Stephen R. Morrison, Resident Arbitrator & Mediator, Arbitration Place
- Kenneth W. Movat, Partner, Fogler Rubinoff LLP
- Marcia J. Oliver, Partner, Advocates LLP
- Carina Reider, Project Manager, ODACC at ADR Chambers
- R. Bruce Reynolds, Partner, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Sharon C. Vogel, Partner, Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
- Dr. Janet Walker, Professor, Osgoode Law School
- Howard M. Wise, Partner, Goodmans LLP
- Richard Wong, Partner, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP